Sunday, October 4, 2009

Extra Credit - Jennifer's Body


After getting to the theater already playing the trailers before the movie, I had to deal with the only other group of people talking over the intro of Jennifer's Body. This is the latest by writer Diablo Cody who has such a way with her dialogue that I can understand it, even though I can't necessarily relate to it. There are subjects like girl problems and high school social issues that Megan Fox's character and Amanda Seyfried dealt with that I could relate to on some level being a guy, I felt sympathy for both.

Ultimately in the end I enjoyed the movie for it's story and some of the scenes, but mostly the dialogue. It seems like such a fresh take on how the "youth of today" speaks that it's very believable. Wonderfully directed by Karyn Kusama who has only three movie under her belt, but we should take note for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment