Thursday, October 8, 2009

Extra Credit - Dr. Horrible's Sing - Along Blog

I couldn't keep myself from laughing, even the third time I watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog in the same week. The fact that it's such a short movie is not a deterrent. All that comedy in such a great small package. The fourth wall broken for such a long time is not a bad thing when it comes to the premise to the movie. The fantastic characters that are so layered in the short time just adds to the interesting part of the movie. For instance, a villain (Neil Patrick Harris) that doesn't want to meet with a nemesis in a crowded park because of the children? A hero (Nathan Fillion) that exclaims how he's "Totally had sex" with a new girlfriend? All of the main dialogue is sung and the lyrics are so catchy that after leaving the movie at home, I catch myself singing the songs (to the best of my ability, cause I really can't sing). It's a great view for fans of catchy comedy and fun musicals. Written and directed by Joss Whedon in 2008, it was only released online, but is packaged as a tv miniseries.

No comments:

Post a Comment