Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Homework Movie - Bullitt


I’ve watched Bullitt a few times now for several different reasons for different classes. This movie is by far one of my favorite chase movies of all time, so it’s my pleasure to watch such fine driving sequences over again. I do find that it’s interesting that there isn’t any dialogue during the chase scene, even thought there are two men in one of the cars. It seems to me that they would have a great deal to talk about.

Also, I noticed that there are a lot of movies that were made in the 90’s that have directly taken from this movie scenes that work in their own movies. For instance, the airport scene in Bullitt reminds me of Chris Tucker in the first Rush Hour when he refused the FBI job because he’s LAPD. That scene is shades of Steve McQueen telling the other agent that he doesn’t want to hear what he’s selling and that he should leave the airport now. Almost immediately following that the bad guy chase scene on the airport tarmac is similar to Robert DeNiro and Al Pachino chasing each other in the climactic ending to LA Crime story Heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment