Thursday, November 26, 2009

Homework Movie - John Waters Movie - Pink Flamingos


When I was given a free pass to leave class for the screening of Female Troubles, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to live that one down. Instead of watching that, I wanted to watch another of John Waters movies. So I rented Pink Flamingos because that was the most outrageous of Waters' pictures from what I've been told. People eating shit, having sex with chickens, Mothers in playpens, that's only the tip of the iceberg for this slice of Americana. There are no punches pulled in this movie what so ever. I had to watch this with my eyes covered several time because I knew that what they were about to do on screen wasn't faked or edited out. Usually I'm pretty good with movies because I know that there is someone behind the scenes making up what goes on screen, but not here. It's the real deal!

Waters love his hometown of Baltimore and does his best to showcase the place as much as he can in every movie. He's worked with the same crew for most of his career. Mink Stole has also been in almost every Waters movie made.

No comments:

Post a Comment