Monday, December 7, 2009

Homework Movie - Blade Runner - In Theater Screening



I've watched Blade Runner now a few times to prepare for this evenings live screening in my local theater. I've rented out the room and posted an event for my friends and The Vine Cinema has put the listing on their website. I chose to screen the 1997 Director's cut of the movie based on the few audience members that I spoke with before the screening took place. That was the fan favorite despite the absence of the monologue during the opening.

Watching Harrison Ford in this role was amazing. Being someone who grew up on Indiana Jones and Han Solo, Blade Runner wasn't something I was allowed to watch because I was too young at the time. I did get to see the 1997 version when I worked at the now closed Tower Records. It was in our "cult" movie section and that was a favorite area for my rentals when I worked there.

This movie was the most expensive movie I watched for class the whole semester, but it was worth every penny. I rented out a theater, printed flyers to get an audience, and lost so much sleep that it will take the entire winter break to catch up. If I could make a movie like this of my own to bring an audience together would be such a great moment for me. I've always enjoyed movies and to see others who like them as much as I do was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment