Sunday, September 27, 2009

Homework Film - To Be or Not To Be

To Be or Not to Be took a long time for me to find in my area. After striking out in the local libraries and not wanting to check in the local Blockbusters and Hollywood videos, I checked with a less conventional store to buy the movie. Well worth the trip to Berkeley, Ernst Lubitsch's directing on this movie was amazing. Carole Lombard who is more known for her dramatic roles, was really funny in this picture, especially when she was "innocently" misunderstood by the pilot to be in love with him. Jack Benny played a wonderfully arrogant theater actor who is suspicious of his wife of cheating on him. All throughout I was thinking that this movie reminded me of Inglourious Basterds for it's themed ideas, although done in vary different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment